The Make and Share Backyard Fair was held across two backyards in Marrickville in 2012. The aim was to build community, promote local makers and have fun, while raising money for charity.
We had 10 stalls, including a coffee stand selling Morgan’s coffees and homemade cakes, biscuits and other treats. Other stalls sold handmade clothes, accessories, artworks, cards, preserves, and self-published books, zines and CDs. Tom the Pom and The Desks provided live musical entertainment.
- Maria from Stencil Portraits – stencil portraits, self-published books and greeting cards and reconditioned djembe drums.
- Veronica from F is For Frankie – bandana dresses, amber teething necklaces, baby taggles and Phoenix Trading cards and giftpaper.
- Cath from Pixels ‘n Pieces – tea wallets (below), labels, wall stickers and baked goods.
- Brooke from Baby Beehinds – modern cloth nappies and accessories.
- Laura, Daphne and Daniel from Half/Half – skirts, floral headbands, clay necklaces and homemade dessert pies.
- Jeff, Beth, Alan, Wendy, Richard, Michelle, Sues and co – CDs by The Desks, Wellington Rd Blues Band, The Clouded Alps and Samba Ninja, affirming embroidery art, homemade cards, homemade bread, wheat packs, self-published books, ‘Breadtag World’ postcards, enviro shower watering cans and zines by Lee Tran Lam.
- Tabitha – free advice on any matter you choose.
- Gabby, Adam, Tim and co – Morgan’s handcrafted coffee, tea and hot chocolate, plus homemade sweet and savoury treats: biscuits, cookies, cakes, muffins, fudge, preserves, brandy balls – you name it! (all money from this stall went to OzHarvest).
- Sarah – made vegan scones with homemade jam and coconut cream (all proceeds went to OzHarvest).
- Kitty, Stephen and Beth – homemade preserves.
- Blossom and Claude – preserved lemons.
- Betty Fiver – felt cards and framed driftwood sculptures.
- ALSO: kid’s craft corner, free balloons, community notices and a guessing competition (with prizes from Doorstep Organics, Cornersmith and Tom the Pom).